Monday, June 24, 2013

1st Birthday

On a lighter note, we celebrated Henry's 1st birthday this weekend.  Nothing over the top -- he's only 1, for crying out loud! -- but a nice day nonetheless.  After his afternoon nap and the torrential downpour that came through, we filled up his kiddie pool to let him splash around for a while.

I took a few pictures with my fancy camera, but the focus was a bit off.  Going from a cool, air-conditioned house to hot-and-humid outside made the lenses fog up.  And since I'd just woken from a nap myself, my eyes were still a bit foggy since I fell asleep wearing my contact lenses.  But I got a few cute shots of Henry in the pool, this one being my favorite:



We took him inside and gave him a bath (so more splashing, but this time with warm water) and got him dressed for cake (and in hindsight, I shouldn't have chosen a long-sleeved t-shirt).



 



 He got a second bath that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment